Saturday, October 24, 2009

Well, I am good into my journey of getting healthy. The first week in Weight Watchers, I lost 4.8 pounds!!!! I was soooo excited! The next weekend Mom and Dad went with us to Branson and I didn't eat so well, but we walked a lot. When I got back, I didn't go to WW that Monday night, but my scale showed that I had lost a pound! I have exercised everyday this week and I am even running more on the treadmill.

I have a busy day today, so I got up had my time with the Lord and then went outside to run/walk because the kids were sleeping in the game room. It was cold, but felt good. I went 1.2 miles in 19 minutes. It was harder because of the hills, but I find that I run faster outside than on the treadmill.

I wore two pairs of jeans this week that I have not been able to get into for 2 years! That is the most exciting part! I will have almost a new wardrobe when I lose this excess weight. I will also like to go shopping, I think. :)

I can't tell you how much better I feel each day. I have more energy. I am sleeping wonderfully even when off of the Zyrtec. My endurance is increasing and my taste for good food is getting better. I am experimenting with good recipes, healthy recipes. We are going to reshape this family little by little. I just pray that I can learn to grocery shop and buy things that are not the "norm" for us. Grant needs to eat better. He had 8 cavities Thursday at the dentist! 8!!!!! Things have got to change and now is the time.

Wade and Luke started the P90X program. I was a bit skittish of that one, so I got the Power90. It has not come in yet. I hope to get it next week sometime. I am looking forward to building my strength and muscles as I lose weight.

Praying also that I can keep a balance with all of this. Losing weight can be addictive.

No comments:

Post a Comment