Sunday, June 26, 2011

Guacamole Elk Burgers.....Minus the Bun

Last week we tried bison burgers.

Tonight it was elk burgers.

I seasoned them the very same way: egg, worchestershire sauce, chopped onion, minced garlic, sea salt, ground black pepper and while it was cooking, I sprinkled them with our favorite steak seasoning. It has salt in it so I went easy on the sea salt.

We usually would cook these on the grill, but it was just Wade and I and he was working on his truck, so I just cooked them on the stove.



These burgers were much leaner than the bison. I know that Wade asked for 10% fat to be added to the elk when it was processed, but it was so lean, I had to add a bit more oil to the pan while cooking. Bison wasn't that way.

We enjoy guacamole burgers, but since we are taking it easy on the bread, we just had guacamole and elk burgers. I am no food stylist and my camera is not working well, so this isn't a good picture, but we both wound up putting that guac on our burger and eating it that way.



It tasted good. Texture was a bit different, but we both enjoyed it a lot. We have a freezer full of elk so this will not cost us any money! Guess what? We'll be having elk burgers regularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment