Monday, June 20, 2011

I know, I know......I've been lazy here. Lazy to blog, but also very lazy with my diet and exercise. Well, exercise has gone well, but eating has not. You know that if it had been going well, I would have been posting all the time, right? Just the way my pride works. :)

We just got back from a week at the beach. There were some victories in that most of us that were going (extended family) are trying to eat healthy. My niece, who is a massage therapist, asked that we pack our lunches on the way down and eat no fast food. I was so happy to hear that because we have really cut out the fast food. Well, except for the occasional Chickfila.

So we packed veggies, fruit, protein bars, Babybel cheese, etc. It was really great. We even had to stop at fast food for breakfast because of a mix-up, but half of us didn't even order. We just ate what we had packed.

Then we went grocery shopping and bought a ton of avocados, fruit, salad makings, etc. We had healthy snacks to choose from. We ate a ton of seafood (tilapia, shrimp, crab) but fixed them in healthier ways.

But we also were indulgent. Leah and I made Kimmy's wonderful scones one morning. I think bacon and sausage were on the breakfast plates every morning. We did eat a lot of eggs. I love eggs! I ate more bread than I have been, as well as chips and ice cream. We had ice cream cones every single night!

So now Wade and I are back "on track." Starting over.

No sugar.

Exercise.

No grains or bread for a time.

No alcohol.

Very little caffeine.

Today was the first day.

Of course, it didn't help me that I came home sick from the beach. I have not had a bit of sinus trouble since seeing Dr. Bishop, my wonderful chiropractor, but the first night in Florida brought allergy symptoms. Ugh!

I should have "upped" my greens and taken my Bio Fizz (high dose of vit C), but didn't. I have not felt well since Friday night and Saturday, Sunday and today I have spent coughing.

Thankfully, today I was able to get an adjustment to "turn my motor on" and will get one every day for the next three days. Should help.

Today when I went grocery shopping, I found bison on sale. I bought three packages and decided to make bison burgers tonight. They were really tasty! Better than beef any day! I hope to find it on sale again soon. I think I will go back tomorrow and see if there is any of the bison left that was on sale.

I seasoned them with onion, egg, garlic powder, sea salt, ground black pepper, mustard and worchestershire sauce. As I cooked them, I sprinkled a little bit of our favorite steak seasoning on it. They were delish!

And sweet hubby and all the kids but Luke (who wasn't here) loved them and are fighting over who gets to eat the leftovers tomorrow!

We also tried baked sweet potato fries, but we need some help in that area. They were soft. We followed a recipe tip in the Clean Eating magazine (my favorite right now), but it didn't work.

We did eat them because the taste was fine, but I would like them to be a bit more crispy. We will try again with a new recipe.

Then we all had a huge helping of spinach salad with tomatoes drizzled with olive oil.

Healthy.

Yummy.

Good start to back to healthy.

Hopefully, I will share more here as I work hard on this lifestyle change with the whole family.

No comments:

Post a Comment