Tuesday, June 5, 2012


Tip of the Day:

Eat a small amount of good fat with each meal.

What are good fats? Nuts, avocados, olive oil, and fish.

What does it do for you?

"Fat slows the rate at which sugar hits your bloodstream, and this allows your blood sugar levels to remain steady."

"Good fat also burns fat."

"Good fat also helps your body to absorb vitamins and minerals better."

"It (good fat) helps to cushion your joints from wear and tear."

(All quotes taken from book entitled "Clean and Lean Diet" by James Duigan)

So today I cooked my omelette in a very small amount of coconut oil (which gave it a very tropical taste!), took some fish oil (which I do daily), I will eat an avocado later today. Avocados are eaten everyday here!

And since I have come to enjoy a salad without any dressing, I will start drizzling a little olive oil over it to get in my healthy oils.

As I side note on oils -- though used in a different way -- I also use almond oil on my body each day. My chiropractor has suggested coconut oil as the best body moisterizer. I might try that one day. My girls have used it for their eczema.

Last night, my niece, who loves everything natural and is a wonderful massage therapist, suggested I also begin using geranium essential oil for my hormone changes that come with age. I plan on getting some of that today.

Oils. Good fats. All contributing to better health.

One change at a time. One day at a time. One meal at a time. One workout at a time.

In the end, I hope to change our family lifestyle.


No comments:

Post a Comment