Monday, March 4, 2013

Great day today! I was awake by 4am in order to spend time with the Lord AND work out early. My alarm was set to go off at 4:30, but I was wide awake at 4. So I just got up.

I left the house by 5:10am to work out. The workout was weird today. The cardio killed me, but the other stuff was a breeze. I got on the bike, stair climber and rowing machine. The bike and the row machine was really hard. The stair climber I was able to do one minute longer, 2 levels higher. That machine makes me sweat immediately!

The plank and the ab work was easy today. That helps.

Today I was in town running errands. While out, I picked up Jillian's Shred with Weights DVD. I was looking for Jillian's 30 Day Shred, but they didn't have it, so I picked this one up thinking it would kill me. The first thing I did when I got home was put on my workout clothes and put that DVD in.

I did it! There was only one exercise I couldn't do the whole time she did it. The exercises move quickly. She has you move from one thing to the next fairly quickly. That makes it easier and gets my heart rate up quickly. It's like burst/surge training. I did need a kettle bell. I did the workout with a hand-held weight. One of her girls did it with a hand-held, too, so it was fine. But I would like to get a kettle bell. I use them in the gym and they give a better workout.

My eating has been pretty good today. I was running all day long, so I did have two Clif bars at different times today since I didn't prepare well. But it was fine.

Breakfast: Coffee (black)/Clif Bar
Lunch: half slice of organic pumpernickle bread with cut up avocado, cilantro, garlic, sprinkled with lime
Dinner: ground chicken meatballs (Clean Eating recipe)/green beans with onions/brown rice

Lots and lots of water!

The best part of my day was using my birthday present that Wade gave me -- an hour and a half massage. Oh yes! I'm blogging about that on my other blog.

Wade did well, too. He worked out and was tempted to binge today at lunch (because he skipped breakfast -- shame on him!), but through calls and texting, I held him accountable. He got a lean Subway sandwich instead. :) Love that man!

No comments:

Post a Comment