Friday, March 8, 2013

What a great week I've had!! I am pumped!

I have worked out hard every day this week except Tuesday. I have enjoyed 10 Fitness and the equipment the past year, but I'm really excited about their new equipment.

Wade and I have learned this week that we work out harder when we can see each other across the room. I'm not sure why, but it sure helps me to have him there. The only exception was today. I went alone and I worked out harder and longer. I was thinking about how I felt and that scale on Monday.

I'm changing up my workout. Nothing's the same everyday. Okay, I do warm up on the bike everyday.

I love the bike.

But I vary my time, my speed, my resistance.

Then I move from exercise to exercise. If it's cardio, I spend at least 10 minutes there. Sometimes treadmill - walking on a steep (10-12 degree) incline at a good pace (3.5 mph). Sometimes the stair climber. I can't yet do 10 full minutes on this one. I'm doing level 6-7 for 7 minutes right now. But I've also fallen in love with the new rowing machine. They have two new ones in the gym now and I do it almost every time I'm there. Different levels of difficulty, different goals (meters, time, etc). It's a full body workout and since I've usually been on the bike, my thighs are killing me by the end of this.

In the weights, I am trying to do exercises that work two parts of the body at once one day. That's why I love kettle bells. I can squat and upright row in one simple exercise. Then the other days, I pick a particular body part and just work that. Like today was arms. Loving it. Feeling it.

And the ropes! Yes, the gym finally has ropes like on BL and I love them. Okay, I don't love them, but I love the way they make me feel.

My favorite time of the work out: The last 15-20 minutes of ab work, planks, then stretching. Once the stretching hits, it's off with Dave Ramsey and on with Enya. Total relaxation right before walking out the door.

And right as I walk out the door, the gym has a nice hot cup of coffee for me. :)

One of my biggest victories this week: my food intake. I have spent this week eating really well. And I feel great! Lots of raw fruit, veggies, fish, salads, no sugar, no white flour, no white pasta, very little dairy. My kids had Chickfila in the car with me twice this week. I had to smell it, but I didn't eat it. I also found myself in front of cookies, Doritos, potato chips and onion dip at discipleship yesterday, but I had water. VICTORY!

My biggest victory of all this week: I have not stepped on the scale. I am a daily weigh-er. But not this week. Wade and I made Mondays our weigh-in day, but after weighing Monday, I put the scale in the bottom of my closet. Yes, I've been tempted to weigh in at the girls' locker room at the gym, but I've resisted. I want to be surprised -- I only hope it's a good surprise. :)

Today I had my "cheat" or what I'd like to call my less restrictive food day. Still nothing sweet, but I ate organic cheese nips and regular peanut butter. :) I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would.

Greatest thing I've learned this week: I don't work out so that in a couple of months I will weigh less. I work out so that I feel great TODAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment