Sunday, March 3, 2013

Wow, it has been so very long since I've written here. In the time since I have written, Wade and I have tried several things in our health -- vegetarian, vegan, juicing. We have juiced some for better health. We enjoy the juice, but it's not a lifestyle we can maintain. We are eating more raw and real foods. We love that!

But then basketball season and the holidays hit. We couldn't seem to recover and we found ourselves back to some of our old habits. Not all of them, but some.

So now that we are done with basketball and our schedules have slowed down, we are ready to begin again and go to the next level. We both need to lose weight and need some motivation.

We are back to working out, but need to commit to 4-5 days/week. Working out helps keep me motivated about what I put into my mouth.

We will be keeping food journals just to stay accountable.

I also am working on some motivation boards for us to see every single day. This will probably hang in our closets/dressing area so we can see it each day as we get dressed.

All or nothing. This is how we will have to do this. We talked about putting it all on the table. Getting everyone on board in the family. I need to build my self-denial muscle, my self-discipline.

We want to get off of sugar and white foods.......white flour, white sugar, white pasta, etc.

We enjoy eating vegan plus fish. I do deal with low iron most of the time so when I cut my meat out, I struggle. But I have some prescription iron to take and I am trying to get more protein through greens and beans.

I hope to update this blog more often, keeping track of how we are doing with food, exercise and overall health.

No comments:

Post a Comment