Monday, January 11, 2010

Lesson learned......again: You can't take a month off of exercise without having to start completely over. Today was rough.

I was out of town for 2 weeks, then Christmas and New Years with it's celebrations, and finally a long-distance friend came to visit for about a week. Thus, I haven't done anything. There really isn't a good excuse either. I could have done something one of the week's I was out of town and my friend would have gladly ran with me IF it hadn't been in the teens while she was here.

So that brings us to today. I started Power 90 over and it kicked my rear end! But I do love it. It stretches me physically.

Then I got on the treadmill, but only for a mile. I had pain in my legs several places and so didn't want to overdo it. I think it was from a certain stretch I did in Power 90 where I slipped and went deeper than I should have too quickly. Ugh! I will have to watch that inner thigh.

I feel good. I am glad to be back. I hope it doesn't take me too long to get my legs back.

I also though want to concentrate on building my strength. I am going to do the Power 90, hoping to be able to do P90X at some point this summer. I am working up to it.

Right now my goals are simple, but not always easy for me to accomplish:

1) Become healthier all around. How?
2) Exercise 5-6 times a week, if possible
3) Eat 3-4 veggies servings a day
4) Eat 3 fruit servings a day
5) Complete Power 90 to strengthen muscles and core strength.
6) Begin running again. Increase endurance.
7) Build a family repertoire of healthy, yummy recipes my family will love.

No comments:

Post a Comment