Thursday, May 19, 2011

Day 4

Yesterday brought the maxT3 lower body workout. That was fun after riding bikes the night before!

NOT!

But I did it and pushed myself in the midst of it. The wall sit at the end just about killed me. I didn't finish the whole minute, but will work up to that.

Today was the maxT3 core workout. Wow. I think I have pretty strong abs, but some of his exercises, I couldn't even get the form down! And form is everything!

Like those grasshopper push ups! Really?!

I will have to just keep going and work on these. My abs don't hurt and I had to really think to engage the core, but I know I will see results over time.

Days 1-3 have gone well. Eating all week has gone well.

Today I have a lab draw to see where my counts are. In December, my cholesterol was high, very low iron and even lower D. I hope that these results today show definite improvement. I think the iron and D will be much better. I have been taking iron and D5 supplements twice a day for the past 5 months.

Not sure about the cholesterol.

Why did I schedule a 3pm appointment when I have to fast!?

Dr. Bishop has said she will look over my numbers when I get them (both before and after).

This week has proven to give me a 3 pound weight loss, but I am not counting it overall since I had put 5 pounds back on. I am pleased with our pursuing health as a family. Now I need to get us all at home at one time so that I can cook for us. I am thinking that I will need to cook on Saturdays for the week so that they can have healthy lunch options.

And I need to do more research for good lunch options.

One more great thing about this week: Wade and I had our 3 month review at Dr. Bishop's office to see how our treatment was going. When I started, I had two curves in my spine, one at the top and one at the bottom. The curve in the bottom is completely straight!!!! And my neck has improved 100%!!! I am totally sold on this chiropractor thing! I will recommend her to anyone and everyone.

Dr. Bishop's information (about nutrition and surge training) and "ministry" (she is not in practice) has changed my life! This woman longs to help people get healthy!

I thank God for her and pray that God will give me perseverance to run this race of health as well as godliness.

Have I told you that all of my kids are going now?! I can't wait to see their results. Right now the biggest thing that it has done for them is to give them a desire to exercise everyday and eat healthy. Grant has learned to drink water FIRST!

No comments:

Post a Comment