Saturday, March 13, 2010

I actually got up early to run this morning. I thought I was going to head into town this morning, but sweet hubby took Grant to the b-day party for me instead. However, when I thought I was going to be going into town, I got dressed to run on the treadmill, then thought, "oh, head outside." I did inspite of the wind which my ears hate. It was a good run, though short. I felt stronger and again was able to run faster.

Yesterday my two girls did the Power 90 sculpt routine with me. I have been doing it every other day, but they joined me. It was good to see them working out with weights so early in the morning. We are all forming new habits.

We have bought cokes in the past year except on special occasions. I don't really like carbonated drinks, but used to buy them for my kids. Finally woke up to the fact that there was NOTHING good about buying.........spent money on them and they were horrible for them. We also have not been buying chips lately. This has been hard for the kids, but they are adjusting and eating way more fruit and nuts for snacks. I did buy some organic chips (still not that great for you) as a treat this weekend.

I am feeling so good. The scale is slow to move, but I measured this week and we'll see if the inches begin to come off soon. That is usually such an encouragement to me!

So right now, my routine is Power 90 sculpt (weights) M/W/F with a little bit of cardio and T/Th/S more cardio (30-60 min). Everyday I do push ups and sit ups. I can tell I am getting stronger. It shows in my running and in my breathing. There is nothing like running for getting fit. At least for me, there has been nothing like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment