Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I did 4 miles today. I wanted to try out my trail running shoes, so I did the dirt road twice. I'm not too sure about my new shoes. My feet and my shins hurt a little bit as I started out and my feet felt heavy. I walked and ran. I made myself run uphill the second time around. Everytime I came to a hill, I made myself run if I was walking and run harder if I was jogging. It was a good exercise in perseverance. The weather was beautiful, but my legs felt sluggish. I also did more sprints in my time today. I would sprint, then walk a bit, then sprint again, usually uphill. I liked the challenge. By the end of my walk/run, my feet felt better, but I don't know who helped me walk up that last hill. It was like an out-of-body experience. I didn't feel anything. Oh well, at least I got it done! Hope my shoes get more comfortable. My Eccos felt better on the dirt road that these did today. We'll see.

Shamefully, I skipped breakfast (which might have been my energy problem). Here's what I have had today so far:

coffee/cream 50 cal

sandwich thin w/ cheese 180 cal

blueberries (25) 20 cal

Water, water, water (4-5 glasses so far)

No comments:

Post a Comment