Thursday, December 30, 2010

Thursday. Weigh in day. I am excited that after only tracking for 3 days this week, I still lost! Only .6, but it is still a loss. My sweet, darling hubby lost 3 pounds! The week of Christmas, he lost 3 pounds! He has been so diligent to get up and go to D1 even though on days he is off work. That working out is really helping him.

In contrast, I only got on the treadmill once. Uno. And only then for 1 mile. One little bitty mile.

So today, I got home from a long day and got on the treadmill. I had read an article entitled "From Couch to 5K" recently and remembered that they recommended walking the first and last 5 minutes for warm up and cool day, then the 20 minutes in between I am to walk 1 minute, then fun for 1.5 minutes. I did that and I found it fairly easy today. I know that this varies from day to day, but I was glad that I wasn't struggling so much. So I did 24:30 min/2 miles/burned 300 calories/earned 4 WW activity points. I am happy.

There have been several "victories" for me this week. First of all, losing weight the week of Christmas is huge for me. Second, Christmas Eve I was very careful about the portion of food that I ate AND I took fruit to my mom's so that I could start with that. I did well that day! Third, I am losing my taste for movie theater popcorn. For anyone that knows me well, that is the biggest thing so far! The last two times I have eaten it, it has made me sick. It has never done that before, but I think it did because I have been eating much healthier. My body is adjusting to the healthy way of eating. I like that.

Happy New Year! I'm so glad we didn't "wait until after the New Year" to start our WW and exercise plans!

No comments:

Post a Comment