Saturday, January 1, 2011

Second day of "From couch to 5K." Since it seemed fairly easy on Thursday, today I increased my pace while running. That helped some. It was still not too hard, but it will be good training for me because I know it will get harder and harder. This training has me running/walking every other day or 3x/week. Feeling good right now. I think this will really help me lose the weight and all-around feel better.

Last night (and the day before that) I think my blood pressure was up. I have only had that one other time in my life (four years ago) during a very stressful time in my life. I don't think I have stress right now. At least, I don't recognize it if I am. Sometimes I can suppress it, but I asked sweet hubby if he could see anything I couldn't. He couldn't. Especially since we have had such a relaxing Christmas holiday season.

High blood pressure runs in my family on my dad's side. Mom told me today who in my family takes meds for high blood pressure. I was surprised at so many of them! I know it runs in the family, but from what I have read diet and exercise can dramatically help this. I plan on taking off the 35 pounds and setting new healthy habits. Praying it will help.

Happy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. Reading this blog inspires me to eat healthier. =) Even though that is really hard to do off of caf food! hahaha I just thought you should know that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are funny! At least those grape leaves didn't seem too bad. I am going to figure them up soon. I haven't eaten well in two days! UGH!

    ReplyDelete