Sunday, June 6, 2010

I'm so excited! And I just can't hide it! Remember that song?! :)

I am on a mini-vacation alone. Yes, alone. I can't believe it actually worked out. I am a person that benefits from some real solitude periodically. It makes me a better wife and mom. Thankfully, I have a sweet hubby who understands that and makes it happen for me. So today I came up to a familiar landing place for us on vacation and I will be here BY MYSELF until Thursday when my family will join me. By then I will be so ready to see them! But until then, I will be spending time with the Lord, sleeping in, swimming, walking (I hope since I think I broke my toe and can't run), reading, working on Christmas projects, and watching some Food Network. I am already relaxed.

However, being alone brings temptation for me to binge. So I have been proactive about this. I have so far lost 9 pounds (4.4 before WW, 4.6 with WW) and I don't want to gain anything back. I know with my broken toe I will be laying low, too. I can't run, but hope to walk some in the early mornings while it is cool.

So the first thing I did was check to see if there is a WW meeting close by this week so that I don't miss a week and can weigh in. They do! I am planning on weighing in on Tuesday morning.

The second thing I have done is filled the pantry and frig with only healthy foods. I went to the grocery store and bought fruit, veggies, lean chicken for sandwiches, skim milk, bran cereal, high fiber oatmeal, WW meals and desserts, as well as salsa, spinach, banana peppers and black beans to put on my sandwiches. I am so excited about my wise choices! Yippee! That is success in my book! There is NO candy in this place! That's huge for me!

DON'T GIVE UP WHAT YOU WANT MOST FOR WHAT YOU WANT AT THE MOMENT!

For me what I want most is good health right now and weight loss. I will aim for it and make choices that will lead me there. I have done well today aiming for this. Thank You, Lord, for helping me.

No comments:

Post a Comment