Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Running on the treadmill is going well, but it is so boring. I am running to music, but today while running, I would have loved to have been watching USA World Cup. I don't have a tv where my treadmill is. I have a dvd player, but I would have to turn my neck.

I did find myself focusing hard on the dart board when I wanted to quit. I do take short water breaks while running, stopping my iPod but walking on the treadmil. My kids interrupted me a lot today, too. I usually stop 2-3 times. I stopped 5-6 today to answer kids questions and give instructions. They usually know not to interrupt me (because I can't talk), but we have guests coming and they were actually helping me.

I am feeling great! I weighed in yesterday, expecting to gain 2 pounds. I only gaiend .8 pound and that is not writing anything down for 2 weeks! Wow! I think the running lately has helped me. I also have had a couple of days of fasting (not for health reasons, but spiritual purposes) and that probably played a part as well.

I think that gives me a total weight loss of 8.2 pounds. I am pleased with that, but have a ways to go, too.

Either way, I was encouraged and ready to get back to writing everything down. I bought 2 new WW cookbooks and will be using them to plan our menus while Kimmy is here. She is doing WW, too.

Another victory yesterday........went to Jason's Deli with two good friends. I got the mediterraean wrap which was the lowest calories, lowest fat, high fiber. I was pleased with myself. I added fruit to it and skipped the ice cream.

Then last night we went to Bonefish for a late Father's Day dinner with my dad. I did partake in bread and bangbang shrimp, but then Wade and I shared a lean fish dish with not a rich cream sauce on top, steamed asparagus, steamed broccoli and then only took 2 bites of the creme brulee. It was yummy, but it was all I wanted after all of that food.

Motivated again. Praying for God's strength to stay the course. Thankful for a treadmill in this heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment