Sunday, October 3, 2010

Still pressing

I had a good week around here. On Thursday, sweet hubby and I went to Easy Runner. We have both been having pain in our feet and thought maybe it was our shoes. I learned a lot about my feet and a good shoe. Those guys know their stuff! I was buying the wrong size for running and found out that I probably have a condition that I can't remember the name of right now, but I need to stop going barefoot. I NEVER wear shoes when at home! NEVER. That has to stop and I have to have a pair of shoes that will support my arch better while I am at home. So they told me what to look for in that pair of "home" shoes. I bought those shoes the next day at a store where I could find them cheaper. But they feel good when they are on my feet.

On Friday, I went for my first run in two months. It was painful, but I know I will have to work through it to a degree. I walked first, then ran, then walked again. I only ran a total of 1.3 miles, but it was a start. I also walked my big hill twice. And did I tell you we concreted that huge hill that had deep ruts in it from the rain?! Yeah! No more having to watch my step so carefully.

So back to running I go. Slowly, but steadily. There is something so addictive about it. When I am not running, I am thinking about running. It is not that it is fun when I am running, but I am totally addicted to how I feel afterward! That is one of the greatest feelings, we well as what it does to my scale.

Last week, I dropped 4.8 pounds. I was very excited since I had gained during August. I had a rough month in August with two deaths and taking my oldest son to college. But now I am back on track and desiring to eat well and exercise. My sister is my health partner and moving well in her own race toward good health. It is so much easier to do it together.

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment