Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Weight Training Started

After months of no weight training, I have started back. Let me start from the beginning on how this started.

My sister, Rene', and I are reading through a book together entitled: The Beck Diet Solution: Train Your Brain to Think Like a Thin Person by Judith S. Beck. We are doing WW together and this book is so good in retraining my thinking about food. We are loving it. There are 42 days of "homework" to do and we are doing them together. It is so much more fun with someone. It has really been motivating.

So Day 9 which I read this week was to choose an exercise program. I have enjoyed getting back into running, but know that I need to be doing a weight training program as well so as to build muscle to increase my metabolism. So I am going to walk/run 3x a week and weight training 2-3x/week. I hope to maintain my motivation. Right now I am starting out with weight training MWF and walk/runs TTHS.

The weight training I am doing in set up as a circuit training in 3 different sets. Each circuit includes upper body, lower body, and abs/lower back. Each section includes 3-4 exercises doing 2 sets of 8-12 reps each. It took me an hour to go through the 3 circuits. It revealed (again) how sadly weak my upper body is. But I feel great now that I am done. I can't wait to do it again on Friday morning!

I need to measure today since I am starting. I am always encouraged by the loss of inches when I work out with weights. I am going to go do that now before I shower so that I don't forget.

Can't wait to see what happens over the next few months. I hope to post here about my losses.

No comments:

Post a Comment