Wednesday, November 17, 2010

16:54 min/1.5 ml/216 calories burned

Yesterday after I posted, I got a call from hubby that they had been in a bad wreck. The truck was crushed in on top and totaled. It was only GOD ALMIGHTY that preserved their lives. His brother and dad were taken to the hospital but with non-life-threatening problems. His dad has now been released and his brother will be released tonight.

What do I do when I am stressed? Eat. I ate and ate last night. Mindless eating. Drinking lots of coffee and eating lots of ice. It is a good thing that I have made a commitment to my kids for no desserts or candy til Thanksgiving. I could have put away a lot of chocolate last night.

Today I didn't want to do anything but sit in my green chair, waiting on my hubby to call me to update me every so often.

BUT......I have a good friend. She called a bit ago and asked how I was. I was totally honest with her and she gently encouraged me to do something. Get up and clean. Just get up and do something.

So I got dressed and got on the treadmill. I did 1.5 miles and worked on verses. I have other things to do now, so I am going to shower.

I needed that gentle admonishment to get up and do something or I would not have put on workout clothes today.

Please pray for my hubby and family. I am thanking God they are fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment