Thursday, April 29, 2010

I was out of the house for 10 days straight! UGH! I hate leaving my wonderfully, green, flowery, homey house right now. I just want to be here with all of my little chicks here with me.

So for 10 days I did NO exercise and it was not fun! I am back to P90X and running, too. I have decided to run on MWFs and do weights on TTH(S). I think that will work well. It means that I don't do his cardio workouts which really kick my rear end, but I am enjoying running in this nice weather.

My sweet hubby used some reward points to get me an iPod Nano so that I could get the Nike+ chip and keep track of my runs. He got it working for me over the weekend and I love it! It is neat to put in the run and then see what others are doing. It really motivated me. I wasn't going to run today, but I wanted to run longer and farther than yesterday. I am such a visual person! I wanted my chart to go up!

So Monday I did a walk/run. Yesterday I did not allow myself to stop to walk. I did 1.41 miles without a stop and it felt great! It was really hard up those hills, but I just slowed down and mentally pushed myself......if that makes any sense.

Today I waited too long to go out so it was pretty warm. I could tell a difference in my fatigue. Yesterday I ran a 10:31 mile (good for my first complete run), but today I was down to 11:16. Yesterday I ran in the early morning when it was 44 degrees. Makes a huge difference.

Feeling great about my exercise habits improving. It helps my eating habits improve, too. I have only lost 6 pounds (because my eating has been sporadic), but I have lost 5 1/2" in my overall body measurements! That excited me!

No comments:

Post a Comment