Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Plyometrics. I have heard so much about plyometrics being so hard. I was dreading it tremendously, but I was so encouraged to do it today. I think it helped me to do Power 90 for the past few months. I could tell that the running I have been doing has helped strengthen my legs. I didn't fall away when we hit the lunges, squats, frog hop/squats, etc. I was able to complete the whole hour and 10 minute workout and there was only one exercise that I didn't finish.

Now I did modify some of the exercises to make them a bit easier for me. There was one person on the video doing the modified version. Now I will tell you that my heart rate was up and my body was very fatigued after the workout. I have felt tired all day since. I can't wait to fall into bed, but it is that great kind of tired.

I also have eaten really well today. I have eaten 2 fruits and 4 veggies, olive oil and lean protein, green tea and red wine. I haven't felt the FULL mark at all today which is really nice.

I can tell my taste buds are changing. I ate 3 chips today and didn't enjoy them. I will tell you that I still enjoy my one piece of dark chocolate that I treat myself with occasionally, but the greasy stuff isn't enjoyable. I enjoyed my spinach salad and fruit more today. That is a HUGE thing for me! I have craved junk food and fed myself junk food for so long. I am excited to know that this is possible: to retrain my taste buds.

I won't be able to run on the days I do plyometrics, I do know that. I am hoping to walk, maybe run (depending on how my body is doing on day 3) after our upper body workout tomorrow. I would like to at least be able to walk down to the mailbox and back once without much pain. :)

Thank You, Lord, for the discipline so far to stick with the life changes I am trying to make right now. Thank You for the encouragement through how I feel physically. It is affecting my whole life.

No comments:

Post a Comment