Friday, March 4, 2011

Had to post again to process.

I am sad. I am angry. All at the same time.

Bottom line is: I am emotional right now.

Which in the past has only meant one thing: Go get chocolate!

Like chocolate can help my situation or my emotions. In reality, it only makes it worse after I give in. Then I am down on myself.

So I am choosing (with God's help) to go to the Lord and to do something else. I am drinking water and going to get my handwork out. I am going to get my hands busy working on something that doesn't need crumbs in it.

The answer is NEVER in food. It is always in the Lord. So, Lord, help me to make a wise choice, not a foolish one. Running to food at moments like this is just plain stupid! I don't want to be stupid, but wise. Help me be wise.

UPDATE: I went to the treadmill instead. Great choice! Burned calories AND destressed my mind.

1 comment:

  1. I had an emotional day too and I really think the treadmill helped. I was wanting a ho-ho pretty badly, but I made a different choice.

    ReplyDelete