Friday, March 11, 2011

Yummy New Chicken Recipe

Oh how I wish I had taken a picture to show you of dinner last night. It wasn't really that the chicken was so beautiful, though it wasn't ugly.

Now the salad was absolutely beautiful with fresh spinach, red romaine, broccoli and then some beautiful red peppers on the top. Beautiful AND tastes great!

The chicken recipe was from one of the Maximized Living books I am reading right now. It was sooooo yummy! So tender and tasty! It is a "keeper" as we say at our house. If the family likes a dish and votes that it is a "keeper" I write it on a card and it actually makes it into the family recipe box, as well as Leah's and Lydia's boxes.

The comment in the book says this: "This chicken is juicy and delectable plus simple to prepare."

I LOVE adding healthy recipes!

CHICKEN SAVOY (Serves 4)

4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
1/8 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2/3 Cup Water with 1 Tbsp Sea Salt
2-3 Cloves of Garlic, Minced or Grated
1/2 - 1 Tsp. Dried Oregano or Basil (See *NOTE)
Salt and Pepper to Taste
1/4 Cup Grated Italian Romano Cheese
3 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place the chicken breasts in a 9x13 or other shallow baking dish. I used a glass 9x13. Mix olive oil, water and salt together in a small bowl. Pour over chicken breasts. Grate or mince garlic and sprinkle on the chicken breasts. Sprinkle salt, pepper and other seasonings over chicken. Sprinkle cheese over the top. Bake at 450 degrees for 20-30 minutes. (My oven took 25 minutes). Remove the dish from the oven, and pour off excess fluid, leaving the chicken in the baking dish. (I served the plates with the chicken on it, so I just lift the chicken out of the fluid onto the plate. I wanted the chicken to sit in the fluid until everything else was ready to eat). Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and serve. (As I reread this recipe before typing it, I realized that I totally forgot about the vinegar! Yet it was sooooo yummy!)

*NOTE: I did not have fresh basil or oregano, so I used a spice mixture that we like, Kroger Chicken Grill Seasoning. It contains no sugar. It does contain salt, so I would sprinkle lightly or cut the salt in the water bath to 3/4 Tbsp.

**NOTE: I was serving 5, used 5 breasts, but still used the same measurements of other ingredients.

Great tasting chicken! After eating, we talked about how it would be good next time to cook double of the chicken so that we can put it on a salad the next day. Great meal to send to work with Wade.

This recipe will become a "regular" at the Arnold house. And it was so simple! I didn't get home until 6pm last night, but we were sitting down to eat by 7pm. Gotta love that!

No comments:

Post a Comment