Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Wow, things are so busy around here and I don't see an end in sight until June. Yes, June!

Youth retreat was this past weekend I can't tell you how much having my "greens" everyday helped me. I slept like a baby both nights and I came home NOT exhausted. I was emotionally tired, but not physically tired like I usually am. I drank them everyday and I felt great! I even lost a pound over the weekend! Added benefit! :)

I leave tomorrow for another retreat. A women's retreat that my sister is leading. She has done this Faith Walk for years now, but with her being lay leader, I want to go and support her. As it approaches, I am getting excited about what God might want to do in my life through this weekend. I am almost pack and, yes, I am packing my "greens." She has told me that there will be long days.

Exercise has not happened since before retreat. That is a shame, but Monday-Wednesday this week, I have spent a lot of time out of the house running errands, catching up on things since I was gone last weekend and will be gone this weekend. It is hard for mom to be gone two weekends in a row!

I am eating pretty well. Not always making wise choices, but more than I used to. It is getting easier and easier. Like today's lunch, I had half of an avocado, baby bel cheese (we love those!) and blueberries. I am totally satisfied. Totally. I am done and not craving anything.

Slowly, I am learning that sugar and junk makes me crave MORE. More junk, more sugar, more anything I can put in my mouth. Good food satisfies my body and I don't feel hungry afterward. It feels like food was meant to be: FUEL for my body. I wish I could always remember this when making my choices. It would make me NOT go through Chick-Fil-A or ever eat ice cream!

Inspite of not always making wise choices, I am so happy with where I am. I am learning more and more about good health. My choices are becoming wiser more often. My body is slimming down. I feel better than I have felt in a long time.

Next week, hopefully, life will be more routine so I can get back to my surge training, running and yoga-like stuff. I miss it.

For now, I am looking forward to a weekend of being with women who are seeking after God. May He meet me there and show me exactly what I need to see about myself and about Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment