Friday, March 4, 2011

Not Worth It

Just posted yesterday about how wonderful I feel and then decided last night to have a "vacation meal." A meal where I eat something I want to eat that might not be as good for me.

Wade and I went to dinner at Bonefish and I didn't order my normal salmon and broccoli. I ordered the Baja Fish Tacos which I used to love. My taste buds didn't enjoy them as much last night, but it might be because I had eaten so much before I got them that my taste buds had shriveled up and were begging for mercy!

We were to meet at 5:30. I finished at the chiropractic at 5 and went straight there, taking my new book with me that I had just taken out of the mailbox. I thought I would read while I waited. So I sat down around 5:10 and started enjoying my book.

The waiter brought me something to drink and I settled in, started to relax. I was going to enjoy the next 20 minutes of reading, as well as a nice relaxing dinner with Wade. It was so nice to be out of the sicky house! I had not been out of the house for 3 days.

At 5:30, I ordered the Bang Bang shrimp (which we always get), knowing that they would be hot when Wade got there. Instead, Wade called at 5:35 and began apologizing profusely.

Someone had tried to break into his truck. He was going to be 30 minutes longer.

Oh well, he is worth waiting on and I still had my book.

The only problem with this was that the waiter had brought the Bang Bang shrimp AND bread with that yummy pesto oil! So I ate and read. Ate and read. No self-control.

I should have just said, "No thank you" to the bread.

At least the Bang Bang, I knew I had to share with Wade and leave him at least half, right?!

But I didn't stop there. No! We decided NOT to share a meal and I ordered the Baja Fish Tacos with......yes, with the chips instead of mixed greens!

I will have to say...........I don't remember when I had a chip last and I enjoyed everyone of those chips!

But I immediately didn't feel well.

Symptoms? Fuzzy headiness (yes, it was the food, not my age!). Stomach issues. Reflux back. Stomach bloated. Strange feeling in my neck and chest. All I wanted to do as climb into my bed and go to sleep.

And after taking care of my flu-sick girls, that's what I did.

Only it took me a while to go to sleep. I had to read to try to get to sleep. Finally I slept.......

Until 3am.

That meal so hurt my body, I can't sleep. I have been awake since 3. Finally got up around 3:45am. I couldn't lay there anymore.

I have said that it is not worth it, but here is another example of it not being worth it.

One day I will learn. I feel so great when eating healthy! I want to become addicted to that great feeling. I want to remember how horrible it feels to NOT eat well.

I don't think I am a good candidate for "vacation meals."

When I think of my surge training and yoga from yesterday, I think it was all null and void.

But today is a new day. Today I can say "no" to the unhealthy stuff and go back to my healthy eating plan.

It's like God's grace. His mercies truly are new every morning.

And I'm so thankful.

1 comment:

  1. I was up at 4 this morning...actually thinking of you and this blog. I am at an ALL TIME high in my weight. I am such a stress eater and it has been pretty stressful here the last 2 years. In that time I have gained 40 pounds. I have been inspired by you and this blog, so much so that I am contemplating starting a weight loss blog. Does it help keep you accountable? That's what I need. Accountability.
    As for your meal....I know that feeling. That physically sick feeling from eating foods with chemicals. I doubt you will do that again for a long while.
    Now I am going to get my tennis shoes on and walk my treadmill before anyone gets up. I'll let you know if I start that blog.

    ReplyDelete