Thursday, March 10, 2011

I'm up .6 today. I am just thankful it wasn't more. I didn't eat well over the weekend and my first day of exercise was today. I'll take it.

In my reading lately, I read about a variation of surge training. I decided to try it today just to throw myself a curve ball, so to speak.

Run for 30 seconds as hard and as fast as you can. I did for 9.0, 9.3, working up to a 9.5 for the last 3 intervals.

Rest for 1.5 minutes. I walked at a 2.7.

Do this 8 times.

I didn't find this to be as hard as the training I was doing with only a 30 second rest in between the first 4 surges. However, that let me move my speed up higher than I have ever run. So I ran harder in the 30 second intervals, but I had more recovery time.

There was more sweat. Does that mean I worked harder even though I didn't necessarily feel more tired at the end? :)

Maybe variation is the key. Both take me about 16-18 minutes depending on warm up and cool down.

One more time--I know I sound like a broken record--when I ate sugar Friday, Saturday and Monday nights, I felt horrible. Monday morning I had a migraine that just screamed for the covers to be pulled over my head for the day.

Once I went back to eating healthy foods, I felt better......well, after a day of getting the toxins out of my system. I'm back to more energy and sleeping well. During the time I was eating horrible, I woke up a couple of times a night. Now I am sleeping all the way through the night without getting up once.

Why would I ever go back? What would make me DESIRE to eat sugar knowing the side effects?

It reminds me of the Israelites who had been enslaved to the Egyptians. God rescued them from their enslavement, but when it came time to endure and trust what they knew to be true, they longed and begged to go back to Egypt! Slavery!

They could only remember how sweet everything tasted! Oh, those wonderful foods they gave us while we were all chained up!

Yep! That is me. I am learning so much great information about healthy eating in ways that fuel this body God gave us, yet when endurance is needed or when my flesh craves sugar, I am a wimp! I know the truth, but I sacrifice it for a LIE!

All I can remember is how sweet the sugar taste in my mouth. I believe at that moment of "crisis" that sugar is the only thing that will calm my stressful heart, body, soul, spirit........whatever is stressing me at that time.

Then I pay the consequences.

Thankfully, my consequences aren't nearly as severe as the Israelites. All but two of the Israelites died in the wilderness because they could not, would not trust and believe in the TRUTH, in GOD.

Lord, help me to endure and deny myself fleshly indulgences that are not good for my body. May I long to trust and obey You more than feed my flesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment