Thursday, March 3, 2011

This has been a pretty good week. I have felt well, made good choices, tried a new dvd with yoga moves which I love, and increased my surge training.

First, I feel great! It is a HUGE thing to have sickness in my house (flu) and me not get it. I am usually the one who gets sick. Me and Grantmeister. Grant got the flu nasal vaccine, but I didn't. And I didn't get sick. Yet. And I feel great about that. That says something to me about eating well and exercising, as well as taking my supplements. Just taking care of myself is so preventative.

Second, once I make a good choice it leads to other good choices. The planning that I did on Sunday helped, but I have also made great choices when it came to snack time. I have munched on cashews, blueberries, granny smith apples and cheese.

You know what? I haven't had a "sinking" time once! That is because the choices I am making are energizing, not putting me in a sugar coma.

Third, my new WholyFit DVD has been a good addition to my exercise routine. It is yoga moves to Scripture and Christian, meditative music. It is a basic DVD since I am just beginning, but I want to do this DVD for a month, then buy the next level.

This basic DVD is enough to make me sweat a bit and to stretch (ha!) my abilities. I am not flexible at all, but hope to increase that as I do this kind of exercise. It will be important as I get older. I have to work to keep my body in the poses and, at times, my body trembles underneath me, but I like the way I feel afterward. I liked it so much yesterday, I did it again today even though I was only going to do it every other day. :)

Lastly, I have been able to push myself in my surge training. Today my intervals were at a 8.5 speed on the treadmill. That is the fastest for me that I have ever run. I even tried a 9.0 once and did fine til the end. When I went to reach for my iPod at the end of the 30 seconds, I almost fell off the treadmill! That would NOT be good!

So an increase in surge training tells me that my body adjusted to the 7.0 and the 7.5 and the 7.8. It even adjusted to the 8.0. That means I am able to increase my speed because my body is enduring well.

Surge training today was 4 intervals at 8.5+/3 cycles. My legs were exhausted when I stopped, but I still made it through the yoga. My legs were really trembling!

But right now, I feel great! I have energy to attack my spring cleaning!

Oh, one more thing: I am down another pound this week. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment