Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Just got off of the treadmill. I ran a mile and walked a mile all together. I ran some, walked some, ran some........that kind of day today. For some reason, my left hip and thigh were bothering me everytime I ran today. I never hurt when I am running outside, but that old treadmill messes me up. The only reason I didn't run outside today is because I noticed our neighbor's truck was across the street, so I thought he might be in the woods hunting. I never like to be on the road during gun season, so.......I stayed inside.

I feel great even though I have some hip/thigh pain. I love the sweating now! I love the feel of it. I had trouble going a full mile today, though, for some reason. My body felt sluggish and tired even though I have gotten a lot of rest over the past few nights. I haven't run in two days, so maybe that's it.

Mentally, I wasn't up for running today either. I was fighting myself because it was already 4pm and I know how much I need to do to get dinner ready and the house ready for Wade to walk in the door. Then I think about my goals and how Wade loves it that I am getting more fit. So I got dressed. If I can get myself dressed for exercise, I am good to go.

Something else is happening in my mind. As I drive down Kanis, I see these long stretches of road and all I can think is "I want to run this." WHAT IN THE WORLD IS GOING ON HERE?! WHO AM I?!?

I don't think Wade will ever let me run on Kanis where we are. It is probably too dangerous. He won't let me bike by myself out here. He sure won't let me run. Maybe I can get Luke to run with me sometime.

So glad I ran. So glad I am sweating. It all feels so good! Thank You, Lord, for this feeling. This body. This health.

No comments:

Post a Comment