Sunday, November 22, 2009

Yesterday I did not run at all. I got dressed, ready to run, but then Wade and I decided to go see Blind Side (movie). We drove to 3 different theaters and it was sold out at each place. Ugh!

So this afternoon, after Luke and I finished college applications and scholarship applications, I asked him to run on Kanis with me. I just wanted to see how it would be. I have been dreaming about running toward town. I have even marked the one mile mailbox in my car so that I know where I want to try to run to first.

But when we got out there, I thought running toward Paron might be flatter, so we began running there. I will have to say that I didn't love running on Kanis like I thought I would. Cars are driving by so fast (45-60 mph) that it is scary. Some of them don't even move over a little to give room. I always ran into the shoulder and grass when I heard a car coming, but it will still unsettling. The shoulder had big gravel pieces, too, so it was uncomfortable for my ankles.

I only did 1.5 miles today. There were small hills, rolling hills, but nothing major at all. When I got a ways from my car, I sprinted faster just to see if I could. I made it.

But when I got to my car, my shins and my ankles really hurt. I have not had that problem at all in my running so far. Not sure if it was the gravel or what.

So I can say I tried it. I think I will go back to my road for my running. It gets mundane, for sure, but I don't have to worry about cars at all.......or creepy people. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment