Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Ran on the treadmill today for some reason. I ran 1.5 miles in 18:36min and burned 215 calories. I usually run at 5mph, but today ran mostly at 5.3 mph and then ran some bursts at 6 mph. It felt great! I went for .75 miles before stopping for a minute to walk, then ran another .5 mile before walking a bit more, then a few bursts at 6. I feel great! I am going to go lay in the bathtub with a book now. That is the reward for my running!

Great to be back on my running feet after 3 days off!

I think I greatly prefer to be outside while running than inside on the treadmill, staring at our dart board. I enjoy listening to the noises of outside rather than my iPod for some reason, too, right now. Running is such concentration for me (and hard work) that I don't want any distractions. Running inside leaves the kids close enough to want to come in and ask me questions or talk. I have had to explain to them that I can't talk while exercising. Now they know it has to be an emergency to come interrupt me.

Tomorrow I am hoping to increase my time. On the blacktop, I want to go one more time around which increase my time and distance. I will probably have to walk some, but that's okay. I am increasing little by little.

I would love to hear how other people started running and gradually increased their time and distance. Endurance.......that's the key. There is a point where I think I can't go any further, where I used to quit and walk, but now I press myself to go a bit further. I tell myself (if I am wearing my iPod) "just to the end of this song" or "just to the top of this hill".......whatever is ahead just out of my reach. I have found that the heavy desire to quit and give up, lessens when I do this (unless I am at the end of the run).

I am writing as if I have readers, but this blog is private for now. I have decided only to make it public if I run for 30 days. I want to make it a habit and not just start something else. There have been so many times I have started something and not finished. I don't want this to be that way.

I found myself reading several people's running blogs today. I have wasted a lot of time today reading them actually. I have housework that needs to be done and instead I have been reading. I can't get enough of it. I can't get enough help and wisdom, encouragement and tips.

I also have been looking for new clothing. I bought something on sale while in Branson last time on a clearance rack that has been great! It's a half-zip, long sleeve pullover that keeps me warm if I run in the early morning or cool days. I did find that I had to wear something under it because I always get hot and have to pull it off and tie it around my waist. I think this winter when it is really cooler, it will be perfect. And I got it 75% off! That's the best part!

Eating is much better today. I really haven't eaten enough and it's about time to go to youth group. I am not hungry today for some reason. I will have some fruit soon and then not sure what I will eat for dinner as we have to eat so early before youth group and youth worship.

Still loving to cook healthy meals. I am going to try a new soup from a friend's blog that has kale, sweet potatoes and lentils in it. I can't wait. Not sure my family will like it, but I am craving it.

No comments:

Post a Comment