Saturday, November 14, 2009

Today we went to Memphis for Gma's 90th birthday luncheon. I wanted to exercise before we went, so I got up at 6am and ran 1 mile on the treadmill. I didn't enjoy the treadmill today for some reason. I had to walk for the first two minutes because my treadmill is 10 years old and needs to warm up or it "skips" which hurts my knees and could trip me up. Then I ran for a mile and it wasn't hard, but boring. It felt good to do the exercise before leaving town.

The best part of my day was when I first walked in. Two family members (who live out of state) noticed that I had lost weight. When one asked me how much and I said "10" her response was that she would have thought more. She asked what I was doing, how far I was running, etc. Of course, running 2 miles is nothing for an aunt that was there who has run for years! 2 miles is a warm up for her, but that's okay. I am doing it slowly, what I can and I have lost 10 pounds!

And today, people noticed.

I thought it would take much longer for people to notice. It made me smile.

And made me want to run again tonight when I got back home. :)

Oh, and I have been doing my push ups, but I switched from down on my knees to regular push ups. Hope I am getting stronger, but they are very hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment