Friday, November 20, 2009

Today Wade and I took Luke to look at Arkansas Tech in Russellville. I didn't run at all today and even had lunch at Whatta Burger. The burger was just okay (have I said I am enjoying meat less and less?!), but the fries were great! I loved them! And I thought my taste buds were changing more toward healthy foods...... :)

I missed running today. I have been very sore today, though, in my rumpus! I guess I worked my lower body more than I thought on the Power 90 yesterday. Wade and I were talking today and wondering if I need to run one day and do Power 90 the next. I don't know if I can do them both in one day. I wonder how my running would have gone today if I had had the chance. I only wanted to soak in the tub with very hot water!

I think the thing I missed most about NOT running today was clearing my mind and praying while I run. On the days that running is easier, I can focus on praying......and I've had much to pray for lately. I did have prayer time today, but usually I get a second session during my run.

I sure wish I had some flat roads to run on around here. I have been dreaming about flat roads and wondering how much it would improve my distance. I don't know if I'll ever know. I am so far out in the woods. It would take me 35-40 minutes to drive down to the river. I think it would be great to run down by the river. Wade and I have ridden our bikes down there and it was great! Usually pretty busy with traffic, but beautiful! Maybe one day when time is not an issue (will there ever be such a day?) and my kids are out of the house.

Hoping to get a good run in tomorrow. From reading other blogs, I think I am going to run for a certain amount of time instead of thinking about the miles. Maybe that would help me. We'll see. I've been reading a lot about a tool called the Garmin. I am going to have to look into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment