Wednesday, January 5, 2011

I did not want to run today. I put it off and put it off, but what is it about running that is kind of addictive? I finally made myself get off the couch and go do it. It was sluggish, but I still maintained my running times at a 6.-6.5 pace. It just wasn't pretty.

There are several reasons I didn't want to run:

My blood pressure has been up for the past week or so. It makes me feel funny and I don't want to run when it is up, but after going to the dr yesterday, continued exercise is exactly what I need.

I also had declared today "Lazy Day" at the Arnold household. The two older kids aren't here and the two younger ones have friends over. We all slept in and have been watching movies. I have been working on some cross-stitch projects, too. It has been nice. The only work going on around here has been laundry (which can NEVER stop).

Eating.....yes, I didn't want to exercise because my eating has been horrible. I could feel myself in a slump and knew I needed to get up and do something, but didn't want to because of the way I have eaten the past two day. That is backwards, isn't it?

Oh well, I am thankful that the Lord gave me the motivation to get up and get on the treadmill. I was even able to get some memory verse work in while doing the warm up.

I really want to know how other believers keep diet/exercise in balance with life. I find it a battle to not obsess over exercising, even if it is just thinking about it a lot. I don't want this to be an idol at all, but it is a struggle. Any thoughts? Suggestions? Scripture?

28 min/2.25 mls/309 calories burned

No comments:

Post a Comment