Saturday, January 22, 2011

Not sure if it was the 30-Day Shred DVD or the Pei Wei I ate at lunch, but running today was horribly difficult. After spending hours at the gym watching basketball, I was determined to get on the treadmill FIRST or I knew I wouldn't get on at all today.

So the first thing I did when I walked in the door was go get my running clothes on and put my shoes on.

I knew I was sore from the dvd yesterday, but nothing too bad. Just normal soreness after a new workout.

When I began running, my whole upper body was hurt. Every step was felt through my abs, sides, chest, arms. It was a rough first 5 minutes.

That eventually got better. My legs never hurt, but were so sluggish. They felt like lead weights.

I walked 1 minute/ran 2 minutes because I was struggling so hard to run at all. I did that for 30 minutes, so I ran a total of 20 minutes and walked 10 just not all at the same time. I could barely do 2 minutes at a time.

I don't even know if I really feel good afterwards like I normally do. Just weak and tired. How wimpy am I?

I will never be a "real runner" as I call them. I just don't seem cut out for that, but I just want to make some kind of progress. And I just want to be consistent and diligent.

And it would be nice to use running these small runs to help me lose weight and get stronger, too.

Eating is going well. Keeping track of everything and making wise choices. I actually took pears and apples to the gym and found myself munching away on them. I love pears!

Can't wait for my day of rest tomorrow. No exercise. No housework. No responsibilities. AND I get to worship with my church family. Exciting times at our church! Always glad to be there.

30:09 min/2.6 mile/358 calories burned

I can't wait to get into my second week of 30-Day Shred to get this soreness out. I am hoping I can do that dvd AND run. Today was hard, but going to push through the difficulty. I like easy. I need hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment