Monday, January 17, 2011

Oops! It's been a while. Last week was a rough week for me in many ways, but I let it affect my eating and exercise. I didn't track what I ate and I didn't exercise one time. Not good.

But today is a new day and a new week. I am starting out strong on my to-do list and will hit the treadmill sometime today. I'm sure of it! Please.....let me be sure of it. :)

I'm headed out to lunch with one of my senior girls and I chose where we are going so that I can make wise choices more easily.

My darling handsome hubby lost 4.4 pounds last week! In week 4 of WW, he lost 4.4 pounds! That's huge! He has lost over 11 pounds in 4 weeks. He is doing so well and looking sooooo goooooood! He really motivates me. He even went to WW without me last Thursday. My mom was in the ER with chest pains so he went in long enough to weigh in then joined me in the ER. I'm so proud of him!

I am reading a book on my iPad that is about this journey of health I am on. Something I read Saturday night that rocked my socks was this:

"We crave what we eat." (Made to Crave by ???? I'll have to look up the author)

Okay. Read it again.

I had to.

I had to read it three times!

I just knew that they had typed it wrong!

I can understand: "We eat what we crave," but this?!

I didn't want to understand it because it was too convicting!

But after mulling over it, I know it's true. It is about one of my goals which is to change my taste buds. It is possible. I have done it before. I want to do it again.

If I eat healthy food, I will crave healthy food. If I eat junk, I will continue to crave junk.......and, sadly, continue to be left unsatisfied. So, like Wade told me, all junk has to go. It's has to get out of the house so that it is easier to make wise choices until we DO change our habits and tastes.

It's like that spiritually. We were created to crave which this books also states because it is written by a believer. We WILL crave something. Whatever we crave, we will feed. If we crave God, we will feed on His Word and being with Him.

And when we are weak, we need to remove what will "entangle" us or set us up for failure. We need to protect ourselves from sinful situations and things. We need to recognize how weak we are.

So as I crave junk this week, I am going to feed on His Word which is the real craving of my soul. Somewhere my cravings tell my head that it is hunger when it is not about food at all. It's about yielding, denying myself, wise choices, feeding on what satisfies.

Lord, help.

No comments:

Post a Comment