Tuesday, February 22, 2011

First day on the two week "reboot" (as I am calling it) was a little difficult for me. Around 2 or 3pm, I was craving something--anything--sweet. Isn't that sad?

Iced coffee with just a splash of skim milk I thought would hit the spot, but it didn't, so I drank a ton of water. Maybe I was just thirsty. I've heard that I can think I am hungry when I am really thirsty.

When the hunger didn't subside, I brought out the pistachios. They were great!

I did manage to go all day without one bit of sugar. All labels were read and if it contained sugar at all, I didn't put it in my mouth.

After looking over the menus, I drove over to the nicest Kroger in town (in my opinion). No, it is NOT the one on Chenal. I love the way they have redone the Kroger on Rodney Parham near I-430. The produce department is displayed like it is about to be in a magazine. You will find almost NO items that are bruised or look bad. I can't say that for Chenal's produce section.

This Kroger has a decent organic section and I knew that if they didn't have something, I could run over to Whole Foods.

Grocery shopping took longer today just because I was looking for new items, reading lots of labels and running back and forth for things I couldn't find. I wanted to make sure I couldn't find them there before going to Whole Foods.

We now have a frig and pantry full of healthy items that will help us move toward greater health. I am even cooking turkey bacon this morning. It's in the pan right now and I am wondering if turkey bacon gets crispy. We like our bacon crispy and this is not crispy. That will make it hard for my kiddos to eat. I think I will eat it just because I am learning to like new things and this is probably something I want to learn to eat if I ever desire meat for breakfast.

Surge training this morning: 30 second intervals/3 cycles. I ran faster and longer.

Yoga: for flexibility

I don't know if it is what we are doing, but I am sleeping like a log! I go to sleep and I am not waking up until my alarm goes off. That is huge in this 45 year old's life! HUGE!

Wade made me jealous yesterday. He didn't realize (yeah, right!) that we were starting yesterday and he went to Five Guys with a couple of buds. Just hearing about the burger and greasy fries........oh, my.

I just kept telling myself that I was two meals ahead of him on this REBOOT and I would need that "head start." He always loses faster than me. He's such a guy! :)

Praying today goes well and that I am able to stay on target. Being out of the house makes my planning hard. I am wondering what I will hit for dinner since I will be out of the house.

And I am having coffee with a couple of my girls today. What do I order at Starbucks? Iced coffee again? I think everything else would have sugar or sweetener in it.

Maybe I need to learn to drink black coffee.

When I was craving sweets yesterday, I was going to have some of Starbucks VIA that I had in the cabinet. It was mocha flavored and so it had sugar! Shucks!

My prayer today: "Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father." (Col. 3:17)

No comments:

Post a Comment