Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Snow Day!

We had snow today! For Arkansas, we had a lot of snow today. 5-6 inches fell during the day today. Because the forecasters were pretty certain this was going to happen, we let the kids have friends over on Tuesday night so they could enjoy the snow together. So we have 5 extra kids in the house and it is so much fun! They are great kids, great friends.

I made some really great choices and some really bad choices today. It started out with me sleeping in until 9:45 because of some medication I had taken. I woke up to the smell of bacon frying. Wade was making a huge breakfast for the kids before they went out into the snow: bacon, link sausage, eggs and biscuits. So I let him cook me a fried egg (which my dad calls "the perfect food"), had a biscuit and 3 half pieces of bacon. It was so yummy!

I also indulged in a little bit of taco dip with some potato chips later in the afternoon. I tasted the guacamole we made (twice!) and only had 2 bites of the cheese dip.

Some of the great choices I made today were: lots and lots of fruit. I ate fruit with every meal today. Blueberries, pineapple, apples, pears and clementines. I had all of those today and they were really yummy!

Green tea. I bet I had 5 cups today with Luscious Lemon added to it. It really makes me scratchy throat feel so much better.

So some good and some bad, but I feel good about my good choices. My biggest excitement is that I went to the frig twice today to get fruit. I knew I was hungry and I grabbed fruit FIRST. That is not normal!

Thank You, Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment