Thursday, February 17, 2011

I told a friend just recently that "walking doesn't help me lose weight."

Well, I was wrong. This past week I have been able to walk, but not run. I have tried to put some variety in my walks so that I am not doing the same old thing everyday.

I am losing weight this week. (We are not weighing in at WW today because of a chiropractor's appt, but are weighing in here at home). I have lost weight this week.

It is not about the exercise. It is about the amount of energy I am exerting and how long I am exercising.

My goal each day is to exercise 45-60 minutes. I seek to sweat and be out of breath at certain points of my exercise. I want my heart rate up. Side note: I think I really want a heart rate monitor!

One day I would walk at a slower pace, but walk longer, working on my verses. Another day I would put in my iPod with my faster playlist and walk as fast as I could for 45 minutes. Today I walked hills. I took the big hill and the logging road out here. I didn't cover as many miles, but I gave my quads a workout!

I guess I walked for so long years ago, doing it the same old way, that my body adjusted to the exercise.

Now I don't want to walk every day. It was hard NOT to run sometimes today because I was walking as fast as I could, just under a jog. But walking CAN benefit my body if I will work really hard at doing it well, fast, pushing my body as I do it.

Good workout. I walked hills for 37:20 minutes. I'm not sure how far I went because my Nike thingy fell out of my shoe halfway through and I had to go back and get it. It doesn't matter. I know I worked out well today. My body feels it.

No comments:

Post a Comment