Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Okay, so I made two visits to the chiropractor yesterday. The first one in the morning was for a foundational, get-acquainted and information meeting. They took x-rays and talked to me. The second one, she "adjusted" me. She said that most people say that it feels like "a load has been lifted off." It felt good, but I couldn't tell that dramatic of a result. Maybe it takes a while.

I know I have some spots that are horribly tight and need to be worked out from going to see my niece who is a massage therapist. I can point the places out to you in my back and neck. Of course, that showed up on the chiropractor's back scan "thingy." The areas that I know are a struggle for me were "black" which means "off the charts" bad.

My hubby surprised me and showed up at my afternoon appointment. So funny! The sceptic couldn't believe he was in the room listening to this "propaganda" when he doesn't believe in it. I saw him smile on occasion with that smile that said as much.

He and I go back on Thursday for our consultation where she talks about a "plan" and reads our x-rays. That is the time to decide whether we want to pursue this plan or not. I am praying for wisdom.

There are several things that make me question. There was already talk about her seeing my whole family. I was forewarned about this.

There were some moments that I felt that she said exactly the same thing to Wade as she said to me even though our scans revealed different problems. She was more specific to me, but I asked more questions than he did.

The biggest doubt I have is that the results are subjective and unmeasurable in many ways. I know that I will be able to tell if I feel better or not, but I know that if I want it to make me better, to a large extent it will. Half of the battle is in my mindset.

I also thought that putting Vicks on my feet at night would help me stop coughing. And it did. For three hours. It probably did just because I expected it to. But it didn't take care of the problem.

I want to be wise with the money we have and with my body. I like the more holistic approach, treating the whole body and being preventative. My curiosity is peeked to see if this will work "miracles" as they all kept saying yesterday. It wasn't said to me, but it was said to Wade twice. Miracles? Really?

We will see what happens. Will their claims come true? Will I really be able to get off of my reflux medicine? Will my neck trouble go away over time? Will my joint pain be taken care of?

I sure hope so. But I am not sure it can do all of that.

I guess I am a sceptic, too.

And for the record, I was sore last night from the adjustment. My neck didn't feel as tight, but my back and neck were sore. But I expected that and they said it was possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment