Thursday, February 24, 2011

I've lost 3.4 pounds this week! Whoo-hoo! I have a busy weekend with lots going on. I am praying that I can plan wisely for exercise and food.

Surge training today: 30 sec intervals/3 cycles

Breakfast: omelette with red pepper, green onion, cilantro and mango salsa. Yummo!

Off to learn more about nutrition from Dr. Bishop this morning. She is meeting with me and a friend to go over some things to help me learn to live differently with food. I am excited about the information coming in. It is a bit overwhelming, but mostly encouraging and inspiring.

I am reading a great book right now, "Winning Your Race," which I bought from Dr. Bishop, and I am so amazed at the God-centered focus of this book! We want a healthy body so that we can serve God for as long as He has us on earth! We can't lengthen our lives, but we can make the quality of our lives better for sure. The more I get into this book, the more I love it!

There will be a few challenges for me this weekend as I face two meals at church. I think I can eat the chili (hoping no one puts sugar in it) and I can eat the salad on Saturday. Praying for wisdom and self-control.

No comments:

Post a Comment