Saturday, February 12, 2011

Small and Big Victories

One of the things I am trying hard to do each day is to make note of the wise choices I make each day. It reinforces my desire to make more wise choices. I write these in my health journal and sometimes post them here. Today I made a HUGE choice that I have only done one other time.

I took Grantmeister into Shipley's Donuts, saw and smelled the yummy donuts, ordered one dozen glazed, one dozen donut holes (my favorite) and his sprinkle donut. However, I did not take one bite. Not one donut hole. I didn't even lick my finger and steal a little sugar. Nothing. Notta.

In my reading, I am learning that sugar is not my friend when dealing with cholesterol. I am not sure sugar is ever our friend when we are pursuing health.

I know, too, that sugar will not help me get well this week. It will had nothing to the process of healing my body. In fact, I believe it will hurt it, so: SAY NO TO THE SUGAR!

So today my greatest victory was saying no to the donut and yes to my healthy breakfast that I waited to have when I got home. Yippee!! And I was very satisfied. Very satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment